Logs UI along with spaces

(Siva) #1

I created a space called 'dev' and then created objects like index-pattern, visualization and dashboards etc .. And then a role with read permission to that space and read access to the related indexes. Created a user 'dev-user' under that role.

But now when I login as admin [navigate to the dev space], I am able to view the the logs in Logs UI.

But when login as dev-user [navigate to the dev space], I am only seeing message " Looks like you don't have any metrics indices.". Even though I am able to view the dashboards without problem with all visualizations.

How can I provide dev-user access to view the logs in Logs-UI ?.

(Chris Cowan) #2

@sl1729 For the Infrastructure UI, the users will need read permission for the metricbeat-* indices (in Elasticsearch). The index patterns (not Kibana index pattern but the pattern used to match the data in Elasticsearch) are described here: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/infrastructure-ui-settings-kb.html

Users will need to read access to the indices listed in xpack.infra.sources.default.metricAlias and xpack.infra.sources.default.logAlias. If you need to use different index patterns per space, you can set these values using the settings UI for both the Infrastructure UI and Logs UI. Whatever these values are set to, the user will need read access to the matching indices.