Logstash 5.2.2 offline install on Windows - Can't find file

I'm trying to setup logstash on a server with no internet access to read windows event logs

I've followed the instructions here - https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/offline-plugins.html

• Installed logstash-input-eventlog on my desktop (with internet access)
  • Run the command bin\logstash-plugin prepare-offline-pack --output C:\Development\Stuff\ElasticStack\plugins\logstash-input-eventlog logstash-input-eventlog
  • Copied the file to the server
  • Ran the command bin\logstash-plugin install file://C:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/logstash-input-eventlog.zip

Output (with debug):

Local file: /ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/logstash-input-eventlog.zip
Installing with strategy: LogStash::PluginManager::PackInstaller::Local
LogStash::PluginManager::FileNotFoundError: Can't file local file /ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/logstash-input-eventlog.zip
  execute at c:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/lib/pluginmanager/pack_installer/local.rb:23
  execute at c:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/lib/pluginmanager/install.rb:32
      run at c:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:67
  execute at c:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/subcommand/execution.rb:11
      run at c:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:67
      run at c:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:132
   (root) at c:\ElasticStack\logstash-5.2.2\lib\pluginmanager\main.rb:46```

I've tried several formats for file path with no luck. The format used in the example above can be copied into windows explorer to successfully navigate into the zip file.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Fran

I had a similar issue - still not resolved as I need to find a zip for the plugin I'm trying to install offline. But in playing with offline install I noticed that

bin\logstash-plugin install file://C:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/logstash-input-eventlog.zip

will result in in resolution to path:

ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/logstash-input-eventlog.zip

changing it to include a non-relative ?switch? i.e. an extra forward slash ensures that the correct path is resolved.

e.g.

bin\logstash-plugin install file:///C:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/logstash-input-eventlog.zip

resolves to

/C:/ElasticStack/logstash-5.2.2/logstash-input-eventlog.zip

HTH

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.