I have to make an offline installation of a plugin on a system not connected to Internet. I followed the procedure I found on elasticsearch/logstash documentation:
- install the plugin on an "online" system,
- use "logstash-plugin pack" command
- this produces a plugins_package.tar.gz file: checked the content, seems Ok, with many gem files, including the one related to the plugin I installed
- Transferred the tar.gz file to my offline machine
- run the "logstash-plugin unpack plugins_package.tar.gz" command : ok ...
6), but, when I run the "logstash-plugin install --local myPlugin" command ... It tried to run an Internet installation (seems to ignore the --local option)
Did I miss anything ?
Thanks for your help,