Lucene query for => current date

Hi,

I'm looking for some info on whether I can query against an index field that contains a date. Essentially I have a "due-by" date in the format: "2017-10-04T18:25:57+01:00". I would like to know if it is possible to do a one line query looking for anything older than today's date within a given set of results. My end goal is a data table showing overdue jobs. I've not been able to find much in the way of examples online so I'm assuming I may have to address this differently.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Callahan, when you create an index pattern (Management > Index Patterns) you can specify your "due-by" field as the "time field filter name". This will allow you to use the time picker (found in the top-right corner of the screen inside of Visualize and Dashboard) to specify the time range in which you want to restrict your query. This time range could be a relative one similar to what you mention, e.g. "From 5 years ago until yesterday". By specifying this time range and then building a data table visualization in the Visualize app, I think you'll be able to accomplish your goal.

Hope this helps,
CJ

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.