Machine learning (what are free features)

Hi guys i wanted to ask if i install free versions of Elasticsearch and Kibana, will the machine learning functions be available on my Kibana dashboard under job creating.

Thanks!

(Christian Dahlqvist) #2

If you have a look at the subscriptions page, you can see which features that are available at which license level. Machine learning is not available with the free Basic license. A trial license is available, which will give you full access to all features for a limited period of time.

Ok thanks i yeah i was confused a bit because there what some article saying that x-pack is now free in new versions

https://www.elastic.co/products/x-pack/open

(Russ Cam) #4

The "Have additional questions?" section on the linked page should remove any confusion

If the code of X-Pack is open, does that mean it's all free?

No. Many features in X-Pack are free, such as monitoring, tile maps, Grok Debugger, and Search Profiler. Some features in X-Pack are paid, and require a license that comes with a Gold or Platinum subscription.

Thanks for the replies i have contacted them for a quote, I wanted to ask as I understand there is as well some cloud subscription model of Elasticsearch, so in such model would these paid x-pack resources come in monthly subscription?

(Christian Dahlqvist) #6

Yes, the commercial features are available on Elastic Cloud Elasticsearch Service. You can see the details on the Elastic Cloud Subscriptions page.

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.