Maintenance Mode enabled after upgrade

Hi there

After upgrading my ECE installation from version 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 all allocator nodes which have clusters on them are in maintenance mode. Allocator nodes without any elasticsearch deployments aren't.
Is this behavior by design or is there some missing "disable maintenance mode" step in the upgrade process. So far I was unable to find any mentioning of this in the documentation.

Hello,
ECE upgrade does not switch allocator's maintenance mode. To help you troubleshoot the issue, I need to check logs of a host where one of the allocators went to the maintenance mode during upgrade. You can find logs in host_storage_path (default /mnt/data/elastic). Can you please send them to me via direct message? Everything in this directory would be helpful.

Thanks.

Hi @Yuri

Sorry for the wrong alert. I realized that I had an error in my scripts and this caused the maintenance mode to be enabled.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!
We have discovered an issue that is caused by the upgrade from 1.0.x to 1.1.0. It affects Kibana clusters that cannot find corresponding Elasticsearch cluster.
There is a script that fixes the problem fix-service-forwarder.sh.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.