Map does not shade as mentioned in guide

Hi,

I have followed the tutorial guide and seems the word map does not shade as mentioned in the guide. I have tried zoom in and out. Anyone, can guide on how to trace where the problem is ?

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/maps-add-choropleth-layer.html#maps-add-choropleth-layer

Add a choropleth layer
Now that you have a map, you’ll want to add layers to it. The first layer you’ll add is a choropleth layer to shade world countries by web log traffic. Darker shades symbolize countries with more web log traffic, and lighter shades symbolize countries with less traffic.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am able to display now by selecting last 7 days. Anyone knows what the dates selection is for ?

Thanks.

I think I need to figure out the timestamp in the kibana log sample

I think you need to go to your Discover application in Kibana, select the index pattern and check the date histogram to see the bounds of your dataset. When you add a Kibana sample data, the timestamp of the datasets is written relative to your current time.

For the Kibana Sample Logs dataset the timespan is 10 days since you added the dataset

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.