Mapping Problem

Hello dear friends, I have a big problem. The problem is ; I have an index that I created by reindexing from another index. The mapping of this index was fine before, but now there are corruptions, I have no idea why. Field names now repeat each other, starting with a lowercase letter. I performed a reindex operation from this index the other day, could that operation have caused this corruption?

Error Example: (My index is mapping now just like this)

"my_index_name" : {
    "mappings" : {
      "properties" : {
        "NameSurname" : {
          "type" : "text"
        },
        "CategoryId" : {
          "type" : "integer"
        },
        "ChangeRequestType" : {
        },
        "namesurname":{
        }
       "categoryid" : {
        },
        "changerequesttype" : {
        }
     }
   }
}

You'd need to share more information for us to assist here.

It's not clear what is the error there?
What was the reindex that you ran?
What was the previous mapping?
What is the mapping that you expect?

I guess it's not right to call it a mistake. The index is working now. I just saw that the fields are repeated in lower case in mapping. I thought this might be a problem and wanted to ask you guys. If we proceed from the example above, the first mapping of the index was like this:

"my_index_name" : {
    "mappings" : {
      "properties" : {
        "NameSurname" : {
        },
        "CategoryId" : {
        },
        "ChangeRequestType" : {
        }
     }
   }

When I checked later, the mapping of my index was up. By the way, I have both reindexed and updated the documents. While doing the reindex process, I created a new index myself with a different mapping, then I reindexed using the source index and target index codes.I expected the mapping to look like its initial state, but I see that the fields are repeating. With field names in lower case.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.