Merge different sites in one global node

Hi,

I would like to make sure about if it is possible to merge different sites in one global node Elasticsearch (PS: sites are related by VPN Connections).

Is that something feasible please? If so, could you please mention which configurations we should go through to realize that?

Many thanks for your support and help.

Not sure what you mean by "merging" but may be you are speaking about this: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/modules-cross-cluster-search.html ?

Hi,
I would like to configure a single Elastic system for 4 regions having different addresses instead of having a system for each one of them . That means setting one node for the 4 regions and not a node per region.
could you please mention which configurations we should go through to realize that?
thanks in advance!!

I don't understand sorry.

You want to have one single node accessible from 4 "regions"? I assume you may be speaking about AWS region but you don't want to expose publicly your node? Is that what you mean?

If so, that's a network AWS question, not related to elasticsearch IMO.

If I didn't understand please clarify what you meant.

Thanks for your reply,

In fact,The elastic licence that we have is a basic one and thus I am able to configure only 9 elastic nodes ,where I have 15 sites.

The idea is to combine each 3 sites to be related to one node which will minimize the number of nodes to use.

the question is : is it feasible to combine 3 sites and link them to one node rather than 3 ?

Are you talking about monitoring? I'm super confused sorry.

is it feasible to combine 3 sites and link them to one node rather than 3 ?

I absolutely don't understand what that means. May be someone else can.
What is a "site" in your mind?

Hi, I think she means that she has 4 logstash instances and she would like to set them to send to a remote elastic. Then reconsider this config more than one time.. so She would probably try to configure the remote elastics to send to only one final elastic.. I don't know if I'm right?

A site represents a region (subsidiary company)

Hi, I think she means that she has 4 logstash instances and she would like to set them to send to a remote elastic. Then reconsider this config more than one time.. so She would probably try to configure the remote elastics to send to only one final elastic..

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.