Thanks for the documentation. I tried, and it didn't work for me.
I just updated to Kibana 5.5 yesterday. What I tried to display is the value from a field called udppm_cpu under the following conditions:
- Index name: systest_db-
- Time field: @ timestamp (to display the latest value based on when the data is ingested into Elasticsearch.)
- Panel filter: apl_name:"mercury" (the udppm_cpu usage of the appliance called Mercury.)
4. Labeled the field as udppm cpu (the label didn't even come up in the display)
5. Metrics/Aggregation: Max (I tried every one of the aggregation, none of them worked)
6. Metrics/Field: udppm_cpu
7. Metrics/Group by Terms; by udppm_cpu; Top: 1; order by max of udppm_cpu.
I can see the visualizations available in the visual builder can really help us create a kick ass dashboard. I just couldn't get it work. I appreciate if you can help me figure out what I did wrong here. Thanks a lot.