Metricbeat are not collecting all Logstash data

Hi Community,

I have a ELK Stack 8.2.

I am trying to configure my Metricbeat to monitoring logstash node to monitore it but, for any reason, Kibana does not show all information of Logstash (like Events Emiited Rate, Eevents received, Evenets Emitted, ...) and, when i click in some pipeline, the error bellow appears:

Monitoring Request Error
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'graph')

Here's my configuration:

• metricbeat.yml
root@taishan1:/etc/metricbeat# cat /etc/metricbeat/metricbeat.yml  | egrep -v "#" | egrep [a-Z]
metricbeat.config.modules:
  path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml
  reload.enabled: false
setup.template.settings:
  index.number_of_shards: 1
  index.codec: best_compression
setup.kibana:
  host: "10.129.137.139:5601"
output.elasticsearch:
  hosts: ["10.123.126.36:9200"]
processors:
  - add_host_metadata: ~
  - add_cloud_metadata: ~
  - add_docker_metadata: ~
  - add_kubernetes_metadata: ~

• logstash-xpack module configuration
root@taishan1:/etc/metricbeat/modules.d# cat logstash-xpack.yml
# Module: logstash
# Docs: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/metricbeat/8.2/metricbeat-module-logstash.html

- module: logstash
  metricsets:
      - node
      - node_stats
  xpack.enabled: true
  period: 10s
  hosts: ["localhost:9600"]
#username: "elastic"
#password: "EocfCCzPInXfT240Lr7U"
  • module logstash-xpack enabled
root@taishan1:/etc/metricbeat/modules.d# metricbeat modules enable logstash-xpack

Module logstash-xpack is already enabled
  • logstash.yml
claro@taishan1:/bkp/opt/logstash01/config$ cat logstash.yml | grep -v ^# | egrep [a-Z]
xpack.monitoring.enabled: false

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong ?

@Claudio_Ract_Costa

I'm also facing similar issue and working on same.I will keep posted if found any solution.

1 Like

Hello ,

Were you able to resolve this issue?

As far as i remember, either you should enable a module in modules.d by enabling it.

./metricbeat modules enable logstash and write all the settings such as metricsets in modules.d/logstash part.

Or you disable the modules with the same command but with disable instead of enable and use the configuration you have right now (you can also remove metricset, it is fetched automatically after a version but can not remember which one)

I got once many errors because i enabled in metricbeat.yml and under modules.d logstash at the same time. If you enable modules.d, it takes precedence over metricbeat.yml.

Not yet :frowning:

@PodarcisMuralis i will take a look in your suggestion. If resolve it, i post here.

For this, try using this configuration and check if now events emmitted,received, rate etc is showing.
Here I'm just avoiding the metricset. Simply try this config and check.

- module: logstash
  xpack.enabled: true
  period: 10s
  hosts: ["localhost:9600"]

In your above settings you've done this, avoid it and check.

metricsets:
      - node
      - node_stats

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.