Metricbeat AWS dashboards fails on cloud.region alias

Elasticseach 7.8.1, Kibana 7.8.1, Logstash 7.7.x, Metricbeat 7.8.1 and 7.7.1 on an AWS Kubernetes cluster. All dashboards, searches and visualizations have been updated. The metricbeat index template has also been updated to the version delivered with Metricbeat 7.8.1.

When I load a Metricbeat AWS dashboard Kibana throws the errror ´6 out of 7 shards failed´or similar numbers. The reason is always this: ´ Type

illegal_argument_exception

Reason

Text fields are not optimised for operations that require per-document field data like aggregations and sorting, so these operations are disabled by default. Please use a keyword field instead. Alternatively, set fielddata=true on [cloud.region] in order to load field data by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can use significant memory.´

The cloud.region has always a value in the documents e.g. eu-central-1. As far as I can see the cloud.region is an expected alias in the exported metricbeat fields, so I do not understand why the template should not secure the field is stored correctly so it can be queued by the dashboards?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.