Minimum security priviliges for import object API?

Hi,

I need to automatically import dashboards using the import object API. This is all working fine with a account that has full user permissions but I like to lock down the user.

What are the minimum permissions a user needs to create and delete objects? I don't think its mentioned in the docs.

Hi, when importing a dashboard, other saved objects that the dashboard links to will be imported as well. The "actual minimum" privileges for the role depends on what type of saved objects are linked to in the dashboard. The user needs to have all application privileges for the features related to the saved object that get created on import.

For example, if importing a dashboard with a map included, you need all access to the Dashboard feature and Maps feature.

An easier way to define a role that can import any kind of saved object would be to grant all privilege to the "Saved Objects Management" feature:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.