Missing index setting in the new Java Client

Hi everyone!

I'm working on a migration from the RHLC to the new Java Client and most of it went fine but it seems like there is a whole section missing for Index Settings (index.mapping.*) is this intentional or something that will be included in a future release?

These are the settings I need to include in the request Mapping limit settings | Elasticsearch Guide [7.16] | Elastic

And this is the class where I think those settings should be elasticsearch-java/IndexSettings.java at 7.16 · elastic/elasticsearch-java · GitHub

I'm working on 7.16 but 7.17 & 8 look the same

Thanks

I think you just need to add to the mapping.

hi linkerc, the doc you mentioned is for the Rest High Level Client but I'm migrating to the new Java API Client

@jdrossl this is definitely not intentional. The API specification used to generate the new Java API client is incomplete in that area and we're improving it. Index settings will have more complete coverage in future revisions.

In the meantime, you can use the old and new clients side by side.

hmmm. I didn't realize there's such a thing. What's the benefit of API client vs rest client?

The new client is independent from the Elasticsearch server code.

@swallez thanks for the response, it would be helpful if there is a ticket or any other way to track the coverage of the API

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.