Missing security index, not able to change password

Hi guys, I'm new to Elasticsearch, so please forgive my questions if it's too basic.

I have a ELK 5.0 cluster running with 1 client node and 3 data/master nodes. I have installed X-pack, but I only activated Monitoring until Monday.

Yesterday I was working on Security, following the steps from (Getting Started with Security | X-Pack for the Elastic Stack [6.2] | Elastic) the available guide, and when tried to change the password for elastic user I got this error message:
Error:
No handler found for uri [/_xpack/security/user/elastic/_password] and method [PUT]

On my client node:
curl -XPUT -u elastic '127.0.0.1:9200/_xpack/security/user/elastic/_password' -d '{

"password" : "mypassword"
}'
Enter host password for user 'elastic':
No handler found for uri [/_xpack/security/user/elastic/_password] and method [PUT]

Looking at my data nodes I don't have the security index, but I do have the monitoring index.
On my elasticsearch.yml I do have this setting:

action.auto_create_index: .security,.monitoring*,.watches,.triggered_watches,.watcher-history*

What am I missing?

I would really appreciated some help here!

Thanks
Fran

Hi Fran,

What settings have you changed in the elasticsearch.yml file?

Jay

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.