Mixed Charts in Kibana (Bars and Lines)

Hi everybody,

I'm new to Kibana and would like to know if it is possible to do stacked bars ( y-axis 1) and lines ( y-axis 2) on a timeline in a mixed chart with Kibana. Currently I'm on Kibana 5.3.2 where the feature doesn't exit. But I've read an announcement from April 2017 about new Kibana Visualizations where mixed charts are mentioned (but among others):

Strange enough I couldn't find any questions about it in the forum. So I'm wondering: Has someone ever tried mixed charts or is the feature yet to come?

Yep, the ability to plot different point series chart types on the same chart was released in Kibana 5.4.0 via this pull request: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/9642

You start by creating a visualization just as you normally would, and then in the visualization options you can configure which chart type you want to use for each aggregation that is being plotted. This only works for point-series charts, like bar, area, and line.

1 Like

Great. Thank you for the information, Court.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.