Monitor the indexing rate of specific index?

We are using fluentd to send logs to ElasticSearch:

<store>
    @type elasticsearch
    host elasticsearch
    port 9200
    logstash_format true
    index_name logstash
    type_name logstash
</store>

For some reasons, sometimes index is not being created, and Kibana has nothing to display in Last 7 days.

I would like to monitor this situation to send me an alert whenever it happens. In Kibana, we have a graph that displays the number of messages per 30 seconds (for logstash-* index). What is the corresponding metric in ElasticSearch: https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/tree/master/plugins/inputs/elasticsearch

so I can add metrics and setup an alert for it in Grafana?

Check the .monitoring-es-* indices. All monitoring data to into those indices.

Only if you have X-Pack with Monitoring enabled.

I don't believe there is a specific API response that provides this. The Monitoring functionality extracts it from the existing API responses.

1 Like

Check the .monitoring-es-* indices. All monitoring data to into those indices.

What can I do with those indices?

Only if you have X-Pack with Monitoring enabled.

After enabling X-Pack monitoring feature, I can see that there is a graph for Indexing rate with an explanation for Primary shards is:

The number of documents are being indexed for the primary shards

Question: There is no corresponding field in Cluster stats?Cluster stats API | Elasticsearch Guide [8.11] | Elastic

Those indices contains the raw data that feeds the Monitoring graphs related to Indexing Rate

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.