Most visited domains (IPs)

Hello good people of the internet,
Firstly I know how FRUSTRATING it is to answer stupid questions regarding technical stuff however I am in charge of SOC for our company and we have just changed from SPLUNK to Kibana 7.

I will be very honest I am kinda lost and depressed as I can not find this information anywhere.

What do I need :
I have a proxy logstash. From this logstash I need to create a visualization(dashboard) of most visited IP addresses . The only thing I know at this moment is the fact the best visualization for that would be data table.

To sum up my questions :

1. Is the task I want doable within the Kibana wizard (clicking) or do I have to put together a .json for this?
  2. On the left side I can only see "bucket" and "metrics" but where do I select the values that I want to be represented in the charts ?? (destination IP, hostname...)
  3. If you think this is too much questions, please PM me I am able pay if you are willing to discuss Kibana with me.

I wish you good luck in using Kibana to all of you, sorry for this stupid topic I am just feeling completely destroyed by Splunk being replaced.
Have a nice day and thank you for your answers

If this is a kibana question rather than a logstash question then move it to that forum. If it is a logstash question you need to provide some detail about configuration, what the data formats look like, and what you want logstash to do.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.