We're working on making one of our ES using applications run in multiple
data centers (active/passive for now).
The other data stores we have can replicate seamlessly and have some idea of
"local" vs "remote"; so we'd like to not run the ES instances as completely
A minimal-ish TODO list I could think of is:
- Being able to discover nodes across networks (I think that works already
with a bit of configuration, no?)
- Have ES know to have at least one copy of each shard in each datacenter.
- When copying shards on startup then pull it from a local node if possible.
- When doing queries, prefer shards that are local.
- Have the client prefer local servers.
Is any of this on the roadmap? I think we'd be interested in helping
sponsor this work if possible.