Multiple user per index

Hey everyone,

I'm having kind of an issue with the user, role and space

We have multiple application log in ELK, each application as an index template (For example, we have one apache-MM-YYYY, one moodle-MM-YYYY, and so on).
We have one or more dashboard link to each application

I would like to have at least three users per application

• One for adminstrate the application AKA read/write on this index and everything link to this index (dashboard, data view etc..)
  • One for visualiseng and edit the dashboard link to that application
  • One for only visualising the existant dashboard

I know how to create the three users for one application, but let say I have 30 or even 50 applications. It will require to create manualy more than 100 users wich is kind enoying plus we would have to store those +100 users in a keypass wich is a lot to be honest.

My step to create the user and space for seeing and editing a dashboard :
1- Create the space with dashboard + Visualize Library to be able to edit dashboard
2- Create the roll with the space created above and add the indices of the application with read privileges
3- Create user and link to the role
4- Add dashboard to the space

My step to create the user and space for the administrator:
1- Create the space with everything
2- Create the roll with everything, add the indices of the application with all privileges and add all to cluster privileges

My step to create the user that only visualise the dashboard
1- Create the space with the dashboard
2- Create the roll with the space created above on read only and add the indices of the application with read privileges
4- Add dashboard to the space

My question is : Is there a way to simplify this ?

PS : I hope my question is understandable, but if not. Feel free to ask me more information.

Thanks !

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.