Grant permission on a single dashboard for each user

Hello!

I want to create dashboard1, dashboard2 from the same index.

But I want user1 to have access only to dashboard1 and user2 only to dashboard2. How can I achieve this?

Thank you,
Elisavet

Currently the best way to achieve this is to create separate spaces for the two dashboards: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/7.7/xpack-spaces.html

When defining the roles for your users, you can restrict access to just a single space.

1 Like

As I have mentioned the dashboards get data from same index, so if I copy the index in both spaces (pls see image), does this mean that the index is stored twice in the server, consuming double space?

Also when I add new data to the index with logstash, will both copies have the new data?

Thank you,
Elisavet

The index pattern saved object in Kibana does not contain your actual data, it's just meta data storing information about where to find the actual data, which fields are available, formatting information and so on. It's not using more than a few KB. Your actual data indices are completely oblivious of spaces, this is just about managing the "view" in Kibana.

1 Like

Ok seems like a viable solution! Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.