Nagioscheckbeat starting error

Hi All,

I have installed nagioscheckbeat as an rpm package in my nagiosxi machine, as per the readme doc i have configured the yml and pointed my elasticsearch and kibana server information, while starting the service its throwing me an error.
Here is the error FYI..

ERROR instance/beat.go:667 Exiting: Error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory /usr/share/nagioscheckbeat/bin/kibana: No dashboards to import. Please make sure the /usr/share/nagioscheckbeat/bin/kibana/6 directory contains a dashboard directory.
Exiting: Error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory /usr/share/nagioscheckbeat/bin/kibana: No dashboards to import. Please make sure the /usr/share/nagioscheckbeat/bin/kibana/6 directory contains a dashboard directory.

Folders are also avalable in the location, is there anything i'm missing,
please Adivce.

Thanks
Gauti

I don't know much about the community nagioscheckbeat but I assume it just doesn't have dashboards? Are the directories empty?

yeah @ruflin you are rite, there is no dashboard directory, just noticed.

Also would like to know if someone have ever tried nagioscheckbeat,
Does it send all the metrics data which nagios is monitoring?

or it just monitors the nagios server performance alone.

What i'm trying to achieve here is to get all the server performance metrics which nagios is monitoring and showcase it in kibana. Is there any suggestions?

Thanks
Gauti

I would recommend you to best open this questions on the creators Github repo: https://github.com/PhaedrusTheGreek/nagioscheckbeat He will know best.

Do you hit any other specific error?

Sure @ruflin will open a question there.

Data has been started flowing into elasticsearch, and i'm able to get only nagios server performance data, not all the servers metrics which nagios is monitoring.

Dashboard creation is the only error i'm getting.

ERROR instance/beat.go:667 Exiting: Error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory /usr/share/nagioscheckbeat/bin/kibana: No dashboards to import. Please make sure the /usr/share/nagioscheckbeat/bin/kibana/6 directory contains a dashboard directory.

Thanks
Gauti

Disable the dashboard loading in your config and you should be fine.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.