Need step by step process to upload log files into elastic search through Logstash to see result in KIbana

I have all the setup...already few ".json" files are successfully uploaded.but for log files I need help...I am using ubuntu...Thanks in advance..

Please don't use such long subjects, make it a summary of your problem rather than part of the question. Otherwise it's hard for other people to follow and provide help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok. Next time I will correct it...sir could you please give me the answer to my question...

This is a too wide question.

Anyway:

• Why do you want to use logstash for?
  • Did you look at filebeat yet?

yes. I looked into filebeat but I am getting problem in installation and as per my requirement I need to use logstash

I looked into filebeat but I am getting problem in installation

Which was?

as per my requirement I need to use logstash

What for? What kind of logs do you want to read? What kind of transformation do you want to do?
I mean it's perfectly fine to use Logstash as soon as you have a use case for it, like transforming data. But collecting log file with logstash is kind of a bad architecture design IMO.

Anyway, if you want to it, have a look at the file-input-plugin of logstash: File input plugin | Logstash Reference [8.11] | Elastic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.