NEST Documentation & Getting Started

I have a general question about documentation for the .NET clients. I've gone through the Elasticsearch.NET and NEST examples but am having trouble finding information about using attributes in relation to mapping. I'm finding snippets of stuff on stackoverflow, github and random blog posts but are there getting started samples and the like? Am I just not looking in the right place?

Have you had a look through this section of the documentation?

There's a section on attribute mapping in there.

IIRC all the attributes are in the one namespace, so you can probably get away with Intellisense to show you what attributes are available and what options are on them.

You still need to have some idea of how you want your mapping to end up in Elasticsearch for the attributes to make sense. That's a pretty big topic, and there's a chunk of Elasticsearch's docs dedicated to it.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you!

I had looked through that section of the documentation, I read it again though and it helped point me in the right direction. I'm just continuing to hunt and peck. Mostly I needed some assistance with Nested objects, automapping and updates but I think I've found what I need. If not, I'm sure I'll be back!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.