Netflow Traffic Volume by Avg Bits/s

(venkatesh bandari) #1

Hi,

Iam trying to create a dashboard in kibana for netflow where i need traffic volume by Avg Bits/s so that i can monitor the traffic volume.

in case of DDOS where the traffic volume is huge,i should be able to see that traffic volume in kibana

is there a way to configure the dashboard to achieve this.any help is much appreciated.thanks

(Brandon Kobel) #2

Hey @venki522, you can do this using a derivative of the cumulative sum of the sum of netflow.bytes on a date histogram bucketed by second. The following screenshot will hopefully guide you down the right path:

(Brandon Kobel) #3

Also, take a look at the Dashboards that are created by the Logstash Netflow module when using the --setup flag https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/netflow-module.html

(venkatesh bandari) #4

Thank you Brandon for the reply.So netflow.bytes has both in_bytes and out_bytes since i dont see those fields in the netflow packet.

when i don the above my y-axis has got very big number and even minus.could i reduce it to shorter one and readable one.

moreover this is only on one index,how can i make this as graph a live one meaning the graph should show the volume in real time
thanks for the reply once again

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.