last couple of weeks we were having a lot of trouble getting the new kibana to not break our elasticsearch cluster.
this morning i realized what the problem might be. we moved from the (now deprecated) index pattern like "[30mhz-com-]YYYY.MM" to the new "30mhz-com-*". this causes problems because we have index names like 30mhz-com-2015.11.20160521 with an alias like 30mhz-com-2015.11.
if we switch back to the old naming patterns it works like a charm. i couldn't find out how to use a naming pattern like this without using the deprecated way. documentation suggests it should be possible, but kibana doesn't recognize/find the indexes, and i can't create the index pattern.