New Stack new problems - illegal_argument_exeption

Hi, so due to a previous post's issues, I created a new ELK stack on a new machine. Completely re-installed the OS and recreated ELK with filebeats. After the installation and configurations, I get a new error saying

"1 of 2 shards failed

The data you are seeing might be incomplete or wrong."

further detail of the error says this:

{
  "took": 0,
  "timed_out": false,
  "_shards": {
    "total": 2,
    "successful": 1,
    "skipped": 1,
    "failed": 1,
    "failures": [
      {
        "shard": 0,
        "index": "filebeat-2021.12.17",
        "node": "ZmqIIkQOSYiEN2QaQXpvJQ",
        "reason": {
          "type": "illegal_argument_exception",
          "reason": "Text fields are not optimised for operations that require per-document field data like aggregations and sorting, so these operations are disabled by default. Please use a keyword field instead. Alternatively, set fielddata=true on [host.hostname] in order to load field data by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can use significant memory."
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "hits": {
    "total": 0,
    "max_score": 0,
    "hits": []
  }
}

-Four of these errors pop up under the syslog dashboard of the system module.
-The only thing I have implemented was the system module, which I understood to be prepackaged, and the first time I tried doing this it showed up with no issues.

Now, I believe I only have one shard, so why would it be trying to access two?
And where could the issue lie preventing me from getting accurate log data? I have already taken two steps backwards, when my ultimate goal is to get Mikrotik syslogging functioning, but I am struggling just getting the regular server data to work properly now.

Thanks for any help.

What version did you install?

Hi Mark,

thank you for the response. The version that I just installed is 7.16.1

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.