Newly added hosts cannot be seen in Dashboard

Hello,

We have upgraded our Elastic to 7.12. And after the upgradation, we can see that when we add any new host in heartbeat/SNMP, the newly added host can be seen in Discover, but cannot find that host from dashboard using the same index pattern (we are using control visualization to select the hosts from drop down). The newly added host can only be seen in the dashboard once a new indice is created which is set to be monthly.

This problem was not in elastic 7.11 but can be see after upgrading to elastic 7.12. Please help me to fix this so that the new host occurs in dashboard as well once added to server.

Thanks a lot.

Hello Tulika,

You might want to set the auto refresh interval so that you get fresh data when you load the dashboard. See this discuss thread.

Regards,
Aaron

Hello Aaron,

We do not get the newly added hosts even after refreshing the dashboard either manually or automatically. It only appears after the new indice creation.

This issue is only occurring after the elastic upgrade.

We have even tried to manually refresh the index pattern using API (POST /my-index-000001/_refresh) as the option has disappeared from kibana but still cannot see the new host in dashboard.

Thanks.

Hello Aaron,

We do not get the newly added hosts even after refreshing the dashboard either manually or automatically. It only appears after the new indice creation.

This issue is only occurring after the elastic upgrade to 7.12.

We have even tried to manually refresh the index pattern using API (POST /my-index-000001/_refresh) as the option has disappeared from kibana but still cannot see the new host in the dashboard.

Please advise.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.