No results in kibana

Hello,
i loaded data sets into elasticsearch that contains the field timestamp ,this is a part of json file i loaded
i used the command
curl -s -XPOST 'http://localhost:9200/_bulk' --data-binary @logs.jsonl

i defined the mapping in kibana dev tool PUT /logs-2015.05.18
{
"mappings": {
"log": {
"properties": {
"geo": {
"coordinates": {
"type": "geo_point"
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

PUT /logs-2015.05.19
{
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

PUT /logs-2015.05.20
{
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

then i created the index pattern with management tool but when i go to discover i found no data why and how can i fix this problem ??

Have you selected the right time frame and not default of last 15 minutes?

Can you check in dev tool whether there is data or not for the indices
GET indexname/_search

If there is no data remove the silent switch to see the response of the curl post and check you are indexing to the 3 indices you are querying

i changed the time range into this weak but nothing appear in discover tool ,i checked whether there is data and i found the data
but i don(t know why it deoesn't appear

hy data doesn't appear in the discover tool !!!!

i tryed to recreate the logs index but with no timestamp field (not a time based event ) i did find the data

what should i do so i can make it with a time based event ????

Have you tried setting the time-picker to cover the last 5 years, so you are sure to cover the events (as the timestamp is May 2015)?

thank you ,this was the problem but i didn't understand the time range is used to filter the period when we had loaded data or it is likned to the timestamp ???
an other question ,if our data contains timestamp do we need to define the mapping of each date or what is the process to mapp the timestamp field ?
because i followed the example of loading data into elasticsearch in the official documentation and with csv file that contains timestamp equal to 2015.05.20,2015.05.19 and 2015.05.18 they did define 3 mappings ??
so what i want to know if my data contains timestamp ,how to mapp it ??

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.