Non-compliant license

I installed the watcher but it tells me I have a non-compliant license. I have a basic license for Marvel so not sure if that conflicts or not.

Need instructions to get the 30-day trial license for watcher. Thanks.

The trial license applies by default, you don't need to request one.

Thanks for the reply. I read about the auto-install but for some reason after I installed the license, then watcher and restarted the cluster I get the non-compliant error message.

Can you post the error?

{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [ {
"type" : "security_exception",
"reason" : "current license is non-compliant for [watcher]",
"license.expired.feature" : "watcher"
} ],
"type" : "security_exception",
"reason" : "current license is non-compliant for [watcher]",
"license.expired.feature" : "watcher"
},
"status" : 401
}

Hey,

if you apply the basic license for marvel, this one will be used for the license checks, as only a single license can be applied at once. This license is not a trial license anymore and thus the watcher license check fails, as watcher does not work with a basic license.

If you dont install the basic license, the 30-day trial license will be applied automatically. That should be sufficient for testing, I guess?

--Alex

Hi Kawika,

Alex is exactly right - you can only have one license active at a time. Since you applied the Basic license, it applies to Watcher as well. If you would like an extended trial license so you can evaluate Watcher, Shield and multi-cluster support in Marvel, you can send a note to info@elastic.co and mention that you would like a trial license extension - the team here is prompt at sending those out.

Thanks,
Steve

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Alex and Steve. I'll apply for the extension. Cheers