Not able to create Index in ES with Logstash

Continuing the discussion from Not able to create Index with Logstash:

You haven't given much information.

What happens when you run this?
Have you checked your ES logs? Have you made sure your cluster is up and running ok?

Hi

Yes the 'clustertest' cluster is up and running and also when it starts it is showing the node has started.

When i just create a index with a document in ES it works, but when i run the above config file through logstash it doesn't create a index.

The above code is in my config file- simple.conf for logstash, i run it through logstash command

logstash -f simple.conf

If you are always using the same log input then you are probably running into a sincedb issue. See if you have a .sincedb file and if you do delete and try running LS again.

1 Like

Hi,

You seems to be correct as when i change the index name its working but not the next time
Where i can find .sincedb file to delete it

I do not see any, below is screenshot of my logstash home folder. In the documentation its written it will be available @$HOME/.sincedb*

That's the Logstash installation directory and I doubt you have the HOME variable pointing there. If you start Logstash with --debug it'll tell you what sincedb files it reads. See below for the (Logstash 1.5) logic used when deciding the directory for sincedb files (if the sincedb_path parameter isn't set).

1 Like