O365 connectors within Teams will be deprecated and notifications from this service will stop

Action Required: O365 connectors within Teams will be deprecated and notifications from this service will stop. Learn more about the timing and how the Workflows app provides a more flexible and secure experience. If you want to continue receiving these types of messages, you can use a workflow to post messages from a webhook request. Set up workflow

So now do we need to use webhook instead of the microsoft teams connectors for kibana rules?
Was anyone able to use it successfully?

Right now I am using the microsoft teams connector and it works like a charm. The new workflow doesn't seem to work at all.

2 Likes

Removed connectors

Hi!
I believe Microsoft has finally agreed to delay the deprecation at least until December 31, 2024, and even December 2025 if the Teams connector url is updated in a way we don't know yet.

That said, we will still not be able to create new Teams Connector already from 15th of August 2024 (I actually can't find the Teams Connector already).
The trick to use Kibana's webhook is to set the content-type header to application/json , otherwise Kibana uses application/x-www-form-urlencoded by default.

If you're interested I had compiled a guide with a Kibana sample here: Microsoft Teams Webhook retirement: an unofficial emergency guide.

Hopefully the Elastic Kibana team will offer a new connector based on the AdaptiveCards so that we don't have to write that json payload manually :grimacing:.