Official Kibana Plugin Demo

Hi, I went through the official demo of Kibana hello world plugin. Everything is good except when I run the command"npm start", it shows

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! demo@0.0.0 start: `plugin-helpers start`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the demo@0.0.0 start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

But when I actually run the kibana, the plugin I just made was shown on the side bar and it looked fine.

Hi,

there should be a bit more log above that, that should provide additional information on what's going wrong. Could you please paste the full log output?

Cheers,
Tim

Sure.

> demo@0.0.0 start /Users/apple/Desktop/kibana-6.2.2-darwin-x86_64/plugins/demo
> plugin-helpers start

child_process.js:624
    throw err;
    ^

Error: spawnSync node ENOENT
    at _errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
    at spawnSync (child_process.js:579:20)
    at execFileSync (child_process.js:616:13)
    at module.exports (/Users/apple/Desktop/kibana-6.2.2-darwin-x86_64/plugins/demo/node_modules/@elastic/plugin-helpers/tasks/start/start_action.js:24:3)
    at run (/Users/apple/Desktop/kibana-6.2.2-darwin-x86_64/plugins/demo/node_modules/@elastic/plugin-helpers/lib/run.js:9:10)
    at /Users/apple/Desktop/kibana-6.2.2-darwin-x86_64/plugins/demo/node_modules/@elastic/plugin-helpers/cli.js:25:7
    at Command.actionWrapper (/Users/apple/Desktop/kibana-6.2.2-darwin-x86_64/plugins/demo/node_modules/@elastic/plugin-helpers/cli.js:12:8)
    at Command.listener (/Users/apple/Desktop/kibana-6.2.2-darwin-x86_64/plugins/demo/node_modules/commander/index.js:315:8)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at Command.emit (events.js:214:7)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! demo@0.0.0 start: `plugin-helpers start`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the demo@0.0.0 start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /Users/apple/.npm/_logs/2018-03-21T14_44_08_043Z-debug.log

@spalger any ideas?

Looks like the plugin helpers are unable to spawn node.js with the name node. What OS are you on? How did you install node.js?

Mac OS X, and I just followed the instruction of the package which I downloaded from the official website to install node.js.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.