org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: ElasticsearchException[Failed to create native process factories for Machine Learning]; nested: FileNotFoundException[\\.\pipe\controller_log_13044 (The system cannot find the file specified)]

I am new to Elastic search and facing an issue while installing it.
I am getting below exception:
org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: ElasticsearchException[Failed to create native process factories for Machine Learning]; nested: FileNotFoundException[\.\pipe\controller_log_13044 (The system cannot find the file specified)];

Can anyone suggest me what can i do to resolve the same?

Thanks & Regards,
Priyanka Y.

This is happening because the Machine Learning plugin is trying to start up the native process. If the native process cannot start correctly on your platform, then this failure will occur.

If Machine Learning is a feature that you will not need for your Elastic stack installation, you can set the node setting node.ml to false and this should keep the native process from starting up.

If you will want to use ML, troubleshooting will have to be done to see why the native process cannot start and/or open the pipe.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.