Output Heap Space Usage for Kibana

Hello all -- I was wondering if there was a way to gather heap space usage data for Kibana (and NGINX) specifically.
Using JMeter, I am able to gather real-time heap data usage for the Elasticsearch service, but I have not been able to find a solution for the Kibana or NGINX services. I was just curious if anyone knew of a command for this.

The following is the bash script/curl command being used for gathering the Elasticsearch heap data,

#!/bin/bash

curl -u internal-auth:internal-auth -sS  "localhost:9200/_cat/nodes?h=heap*" | awk '{ print $2 }' |  sed -n '5{p;q}'

Thanks all for your time and help :slight_smile:

Why not use Monitoring overview | Elasticsearch Guide [8.4] | Elastic?

Hi Mark, thank you for your response. :slight_smile: The monitoring stack is set up as shown below.

What I am after is the real-time heap space usage that Kibana and NGINX alone are using at a given moment for load and performance testing of the entire stack. I do not see any information related to gathering heap space usage for a specific service. I understand Metricbeat will gather monitoring data for the service, but I cannot find information on specifically gathering heap data for any service other than Elasticsearch.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.