Parameters for Field Format plugin

Using ES+Kibana: v 7.4.2

I have a field formatter for strings, and I want the user to be able to adjust some settings when they select the FieldFormat under "Index Patterns". An example I have seen for the Field Format "Truncated String"

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to allow input of parameters into my field formatter? I can of course do it using kibana.yml but it is neither user friendly not dynamic.

As an alternative/extra question, I was trying to find the code for the "Truncated String" Field formatter to use as an example, but was unable to find it. Does anyone know where it is located?

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to allow input of parameters into my field formatter? I can of course do it using kibana.yml but it is neither user friendly not dynamic.

Unfortunately, this is not supported at this point. Feel free to open a feature request for this to be added.

As an alternative/extra question, I was trying to find the code for the "Truncated String" Field formatter to use as an example, but was unable to find it. Does anyone know where it is located?

That is unfortunate. I will stick to the configuration for now but will request the feature for the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.