Password field gets deleted after adding a watch

Hello, I've been trying to add a new watcher that will email a report to multiple users, however after I've added the watch (either via web UI or curl) and try to run it, I get the following error "password is a required option".
Looking at the watch after I've inserted it I noticed the password filed is gone (under email attachment).
I've also tried to edit the watch via web UI after adding it, and after I hit 'save' the password is gone again.

Here is my watch:
{
"trigger" : {
"schedule": {
"interval": "1h"
}
},
"actions" : {
"email_user" : {
"email": {
"to": "alex@some_mail.com",
"subject": "Some Report",
"attachments" : {
"report.pdf" : {
"reporting" : {
"url": "http://0.0.0.0:5601/api/reporting/generate/dashboard/some_report?_g=(time:(from:now-30d%2Fd,mode:quick,to:now))",
"retries":6,
"interval":"1s",
"auth":{
"basic":{
"username":"some_user",
"password":"some_pass"
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

And here the watch after I've added it to elastic:
{
"trigger": {
"schedule": {
"interval": "1h"
}
},
"input": {
"none": {}
},
"condition": {
"always": {}
},
"actions": {
"email_user": {
"email": {
"profile": "standard",
"attachments": {
"report.pdf": {
"reporting": {
"url": "http://0.0.0.0:5601/api/reporting/generate/dashboard/some_report?_g=(time:(from:now-30d%2Fd,mode:quick,to:now))",
"retries": 6,
"interval": "1s",
"auth": {
"basic": {
"username": "some_user"
}
}
}
}
},
"to": [
"alex@some_mail.com"
],
"subject": "Some Report"
}
}
}
}

Hey,

the password is not gone, it is omitted due to security reasons.

If you still have issues adding a new watch (apparently it was successful, otherwise you cannot get it back), please copy and paste the full request/response in here.

Also take some time for formatting, so this is easier to read. Thanks!

--Alex

Hey spinscale.
Yes I figured the passwords were removed for security reasons, and the watcher will work when executing from the API or on a schedule.
However, if I create a new watcher and save it, then edit it again and try to execute it from the web UI I'll the the following error: "Watcher: [parse_exception] password is a required option".

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.