Percentage display inside the bar chart (aggregation based) doesn't appears correctly

Hi guys!

I don't know why my visualisation looks this way: some of the percentage display inside the bars don't appear correctly:

Have you seen that before and do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @JenniferL,

It looks to me like some of your values are too big for the bar and are being cut off. Is that what you mean by appearing incorrectly? Does expanding the size of the chart in your dashboard address this?

Hi Carly, thanks for your answer. I thought the same but actually no, the cut off values are not too big. In this example below, the two circled values should be "50%". I don't think "50%" is too big because in some other bars there are some other values which appears without being cut such as "38,462%". I tried to expand my visualisation but it still the same:

Thanks for confirming. Which version of Kibana are you using?

Stack Management 7.13.1

Hi @JenniferL,

Thanks for confirming. I did have a quick look through the old Kibana GitHub issues and can't see a known issue around that version. I'm wondering if it's to do with the size of the slides similar to this pie chart issue. Can you share your chart settings, and any label settings?

Just a warning that 7.13.1 is an old version that is past EOL, so we would recommend upgrading to a supported version if you can.

Hope that helps!

Hi @carly.richmond thanks a lot for your help.
My settings are:

In the meantime I'm gonna try to see how I can upgrade my kibana version :blush:

Thanks a lot

No worries @JenniferL. You could also try playing around with the truncate setting to see if that impacts the truncation.

That issue is due to some bar slices with 0% stacked just above other slices with a value. As TSVB has no value collision logic enabled the 0% is rendered on top of the other slices, leading to this problem.

The same chart made with Lens (and the legacy Agg-based editor too) should not have this problem in recent versions.