Plugin installation failure

So this is weird...

I am trying to install a custom plugin located on a local directory to kibana. When I attempt to install using './kibana plugin --install'. I get the following:

[lma@qthlmwbtt02 bin]$ ./kibana plugin --install health-metric-vis -u file:/home/CIQDEV/ravi_lonberg/health_metric_vis-master.zip
Installing health-metric-vis
Attempting to transfer from file:/home/CIQDEV/ravi_lonberg/health_metric_vis-master.zip
Transferring 38802 bytes....................
Transfer complete
Extracting plugin archive
Extraction complete
Optimizing and caching browser bundles...
Plugin installation was unsuccessful due to error "child "server" fails because [child "basePath" fails because ["basePath" with value "/" fails to match the start with a slash, don't end with one pattern]]"
[lma@qthlmwbtt02 bin]$

I have no idea where to begin with this, please let me know what files would be helpful for me to upload in order to further this discussion.

Thanks,
Ravi

Are you setting server.basePath in your config file (kibana.yml)?

Yes I just checked and I am setting server.basePath

What is the difference between the following configuration in kibana.yml,

my configuration:

# If you are running kibana behind a proxy, and want to mount it at a path,
# specify that path here. The basePath can't end in a slash.
server.basePath: "/"

and the default kibana.yml, where server.basePath is commented out...

default:

# If you are running kibana behind a proxy, and want to mount it at a path,
# specify that path here. The basePath can't end in a slash.
# server.basePath: ""

?

Thanks!

The server.basePath setting should only be used if you're running Kibana behind a proxy or something that changes the root of Kibana to something other than /. And, as the instructions say:

The basePath can't end in a slash.

So your configuration is actually invalid, which is why you're seeing this error.

1 Like

Okay thanks for clarification. Hasn't been an issue until I tried to install a custom plugin