[Problem] Unique items per day graph

Hi all and aplogies for this, its probably a very numpty question but I just can't get it.

I have a small ES instance with 400 items in a collection with a date field that Kibana picks up when I set up the index.
Now, I have got the total count of items in there displayed on a dashboard but what I really want to do is set up a bar graph that displays the number of items by date.

I just cannot figure out - the closest I have got (even after reading a few tutorials!!) is a graph that just shows the total count as a single bar in there!

I am hopeing this is a simple thing that I am overlooking (well, it is 30 degrees in the UK, thats like a massive heatwave thats melting us ;))

Thanks in advance for any worldly advice from you guys who, without doubt, know a lot more than I do.

Hi,

No question is a numpty question for this forum. No worries :slight_smile:
Which version of Kibana are you running?

Our last public release is 5.4.1. In this you click on visualize - I would select a vertical bar chart and then set your x-axis and y-axis as I have done in the screenshots below.

So your timestamp here for x-axis would be daily. And y-axis will be unique count?
Here are our docs: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/xy-chart.html

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,
Bhavya

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.