Problem with synthetic monitoring in kibana

Hello, I am new to Kibana synthetic monitoring, I have configured monitoring with Journey in 2 locations, one local and one in the cloud.
The one that is in the cloud is running without problems.
But for the local one, it is giving the following error.

"journey did not finish executing, 0 steps ran: command '/usr/share/elastic-agent/.node/node/bin/elastic-synthetics elastic-synthetics --playwright-options {"page":{"setDefaultTimeout": 120}} --screenshots on --throttling {"download":5,"latency":20,"upload":3} --inline --rich-events' exited unexpectedly with code: 1"

It should be noted that until last week, it was running without problems in both locations.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi @HOrellana03,

Thanks for your interest in Synthetics!

This type of error is most commonly related to private location setup misconfigurations preventing elastic-synthetics from running. What platform is this private location running on (docker, k8s, etc)? If running in a containerized environment, what is its setup for uid/gid/fs permissions?

Also to discard some easy stuff, if you're using any string interpolation assignment, eg: "my string ${mystring}, please refactor it for string concatenation -> "my string "+ mystring as ${} is not supported atm and its known for breaking journey code.