Problems with homebrew installation

I tried to follow the basic instructions here: Install Elasticsearch on macOS with Homebrew | Elasticsearch Guide [7.17] | Elastic but they don't work

brew tap elastic/tap - works fine
but
brew install elastic/tap/elasticsearch-full results in:

Error: elastic/tap/elasticsearch-full: Calling plist_options is disabled! Use service.require_root instead.
Please report this issue to the elastic/tap tap (not Homebrew/brew or Homebrew/homebrew-core), or even better, submit a PR to fix it:
/opt/homebrew/Library/Taps/elastic/homebrew-tap/Formula/elasticsearch-full.rb:68

Are there any workarounds for this until it gets fixed?

Hi @dpa Welcome to the community.

I love brew for Mac.

I do not know the issue for this

But Personally I think the tar.gz is a better way to install on the Mac.

It seems more "contained" and easy to manage.

Also I use docker extensively on Mac to setup and tear down elasticsearch components

I know that does not actually answer your question but just some thoughts from someone that uses elasticsearch extensively on a Mac

1 Like

even i am facing the same issue,
Error: elasticsearch-full: Calling plist_options is disabled! Use service.require_root instead.
Please report this issue to the elastic/tap tap (not Homebrew/brew or Homebrew/homebrew-core), or even better, submit a PR to fix it:
/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/elastic/homebrew-tap/Formula/elasticsearch-full.rb:68

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.