Publish Elastic.Apm.AspNetFullFramework prerelease to NuGet

Could the alpha prerelease of Elastic.Apm.AspNetFullFramework be published to NuGet just as Elastic.Apm.AspNetCore already is? I'm actively using both and having to put the former in a local repo with the latter on nuget.org is an unnecessary overhead.

I tried to do it myself, but the package ID is already reserved.

Hi @NeoX

We’ll definitely publish that package, but currently it’s not in a stage where we would feel comfortable with it being an official package. Mostly because we still work on its the CI coverage, so at the moment we don’t even have test automation running with that project.

Once this is done and we feel that it’s good for making it preview, we’ll publish that package.

You don't think publishing it as an alpha prerelease won't disclaim those risks, though?

Not at this stage. We really don't feel that it's ready for being published even as alpha prerelease.

But I promise you we will give more love to it and we are definitely committed to publish a package with ASP.NET auto instrumentation.

Currently we are busy making our current packages beta, once this is done, that package is on the top of our priority list.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.