Re-use visualizations and dasboards in Kibana

I prepared a bunch of visualizations and a dashboard. Now I want to run elk on another server. Could I copy all visualization and dashboard objects to another server and re-use them or I have to re-create them manually?

1 Like

You can export the visualizations and dashboards from Kibana. Just go to Management -> Saved Object -> Export Everything. On the other machine you can use Management -> Saved object -> Import to import all the visualizations and dashboards. I hope it solves your problem.

Thank you for a prompt response. So I exported all my visualizations and imported them on another server. When I tried to open imported visualizations on that server I;ve got error message:

A field associated with this object no longer exists in the index pattern.

All these visualizations were created for a particular index pattern. It doesn't exist on another server. How can I fix this problem?

I want to use these visualizations as a template. Import them on another server and assign a Kibana index to re-use them.

If you have different index patter then this solution may not work. As visualizations and dashboards are based on index or saved searches.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.