Refresh Field List

Some times we fail to see any data in kibana for some indices but once i refresh the fields on that particular index it starts to show the data again , do i need to change the field types in this case or I am missing something here , please do let me know if any faced this issue in the past :

Error during index fail to pull any data from hot node to show on kibana :
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [child.child.child.child.child.child.child.child.child.child.details.message.text] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead.
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.TextFieldMapper$TextFieldType.fielddataBuilder(TextFieldMapper.java:767) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.IndexFieldDataService.getForField(IndexFieldDataService.java:116) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryShardContext.getForField(QueryShardContext.java:179) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.search.DefaultSearchContext.getForField(DefaultSearchContext.java:505) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.search.fetch.subphase.DocValueFieldsFetchSubPhase.hitsExecute(DocValueFieldsFetchSubPhase.java:98) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.search.fetch.FetchPhase.execute(FetchPhase.java:177) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.lambda$executeFetchPhase$3(SearchService.java:540) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService$3.doRun(SearchService.java:380) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.TimedRunnable.doRun(TimedRunnable.java:41) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingAbstractRunnable.doRun(ThreadContext.java:751) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.