Reindex issue

I have some issue while I am reindex
this is my result of reindex

when I use GET my_index in devtool my data show this

Does _source enabled false made my reindex fall? How can I fix it?

Yes, as the documentation highlights you can not use the reindex API if you do not have source enabled. You may need to instead reindex the data from the original source.

What should I do? Create a new mapping that _source is enabled and reindex the old index to new mapping?

You can not reindex from an index where source is disabled so it does not matter what you set for the destination index. You will generally need to again index your data from where it originated, e.g. an external database, logfiles on disk etc.

One way around this may be to use synthetic source if you are on an Elasticsearch version that supports this, but I have not myself used this so can not guide you there.

1 Like

So there is no way to change _source from false to true if my data is already in es, I need to reupload the data and set a new mapping that _source is enabled.

Yes, you can not change that on an existing index as the data is no longer available. If you reupload the data from an external source you can do so into an index that has source disabled, but be aware that again will prevent you from reindexing the data. This tradeoff is highlighted in the documentation describing how to disable source.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.