Remote server not sending data to apm server

If you are asking about a problem you are experiencing, please use the following template, as it will help us help you. If you have a different problem, please delete all of this text :slight_smile:

Kibana version:7.2.0

Elasticsearch version:7.2.0

APM Server version:

APM Agent language and version:7.2.0

Is there anything special in your setup? using a load balancer

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant): I have a server running the apm agent, and have opened the port 8200 so that it's able to communicate with my APM server, if I curl to the apm server from my application server I am able to get a response. However when I start up my application, it isn't sending any data to the APM server. Are there any additional ports that I'd need to open to allow communcation between the agent and the server?

Also, I'm not able to get logging working, I have the following options set in my elastic.properties file.

log_level=DEBUG
log_file=/logdir/elasticagent.log

But there is no logging coming through to that file.

I have a couple of follow up questions: Which language and version of the APM agent are you using, and where does the load balancer run - between agents and APM Server or between APM Server and Elasticsearch?

Have you checked the APM Server logs for any errors? Refer to the APM Server docs on where you can find the log files.

Hi, the load balancer sits between the apm agent and the apm server, the apm server and elasticsearch are running on the same server.

There's no errors in the output of the apm server, it's just that there's nothing coming in to it, unless I just do a simple curl then I will see it log that e.g.

2019-07-31T12:56:48.711+0100    INFO    [request]       beater/common_handler.go:184    handled request {"request_id": "427a0f2a-3a31-
460e-96d6-e809b2b97c7a", "method": "GET", "URL": "/", "content_length": 0, "remote_address": "10.10.29.94", "user-agent": "curl/7.58.0
", "response_code": 200}

The name of the configuration file should be elasticapm.properties. If that fixes the logging, could you upload the debug logs of the startup here?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.