Removal of mapping types question

Hi there, per https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/removal-of-types.html#_schedule_for_removal_of_mapping_types

I just wanted to quickly ask, is the custom field solution going to be the way to move forward (as well as the index per document) ?

We are going to build a social network integration and would like to know this for the sake of future compatibility with elasticsearch. My guess is since this is a custom field, this should not be a problem. But i guess it is better to doublecheck

Thanks in advance.

The custom type field remains a valid approach. You just need to ensure you keep the number of fields in your mapping at a reasonable size (or maybe go with two indices).

Hope that helps!

--Alex

Thank you very much @spinscale, we are moving forward modelling how our data should look. One last question if you don't mind, we should put just one mapping for all types of data we are going to be using, correct?

Thanks again and hope you have a good day. :slight_smile:

yes, I'd always prefer preconfiguring the mapping for your documents instead of going with dynamic mapping.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.