Replacing the kibanaWelcomeLogo

Hello,

I'm having trouble replacing the large "K" image on the welcome/login page. We're using Kibana 5.4. I see where the reference is within: /opt/kibana/src/ui/views/chrome.jade, but I haven't been able to replace that with an image. Can someone please share: 1) where you put image 2) what format can be used (png, svg) 3) how you referenced that file 4) did you have to restart Kibana afterwards for it to take effect.

Thank you ahead of time for the help,
Tyler

You can modify kibana by modifying the files under src. Then, delete the folder optimize and restart Kibana. Kibana will rebuild optimize with the contents from src.

Thank you Nathan, I'm still having a bit of trouble even after re-optimization, I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Within /opt/kibana/src/ui/views/chrome.jade, I've edited the contents of kibanaWelcomeLogo as such:

.kibanaWelcomeLogo {
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-size: contain;
/* SVG optimized according to http://codepen.io/tigt/post/optimizing-svgs-in-data-uris */
background-image: url("~ui/images/new_logo.png");
}

That logo is present under this directory:
/opt/kibana/src/ui/public/images/

But after re-optimization, the image is not in place, there is only the default pink square that serves as the background to the "K" that is there out of the box.

Also, can you also confirm, does the file type matter? I've tried using both an svg and a png at this point with no success.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.