Restore snapshot to another DC server using elasticsearch-curator

I need to keep elasticsearch-data in sync within 3 server using elasticsearch-curator. All I want to update data on one server and others update themselves using snapshot and restore method.
I was able to create snapshot using curator on first server but couldn't restore it on another.

Snapshot
While taking snapshot Host entry in curator.yml is like hosts: ["localhost"] on Server 1. I can easily restore it on Server 1 itself.

But, the problem arise when I try to restore it on Server 2
Host entry in curator.yml is like hosts: ["localhost","Server 1 IP"]
It generates error message:
2017-02-27 10:39:58,927 INFO Preparing Action ID: 1, "restore"
2017-02-27 10:39:59,145 INFO Trying Action ID: 1, "restore": Restore all indices in the most recent curator-* snapshot with state SUCCESS. Wait for the restore to complete before continuing. Do not skip the repository filesystem access check. Use the other options to define the index/shard settings for the restore.
** 17-02-27 10:39:59,399 INFO Restoring indices "['test_sec']" from snapshot: curator-20170226143036
** 17-02-27 10:39:59,409 ERROR Failed to complete action: restore. <class 'curator.exceptions.FailedExecution'>: Exception encountered. Rerun with loglevel DEBUG and/or check Elasticsearch logs for more information. Exception: TransportError(500, u'snapshot_restore_exception', u'[all_index:curator-20170226143036]snapshot does not exist')

The same repository must exist on both clusters, with the same shared filesystem available to all machines in both clusters. You must add the repository to both clusters, preferably with the exact same API call. Only then will snapshots taken on cluster A be visible and available for restore on cluster B

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.